Project Scope and Description
Located in Winchester, Nevada, Sunrise Hospital and Medical Center is a for-profit facility owned by the Hospital Corporation of America and operated by the Sunrise Healthcare System.
The state-of-the-art medical facility houses several distinguished departments, including Nevada’s first and only Joint Commission Accredited Advanced Comprehensive Stroke Center, an advanced Heart Center, and the state's busiest Emergency Department, equipped with a County-designated STEMI receiving center. Sunrise Children's Hospital—the state's largest, most comprehensive pediatric hospital—also shares the campus.
Giroux Glass' work on Sunrise Hospital represented a milestone for our company, as it was the first ACM panel project to be fabricated in our new San Bernardino CNC facility.
The Sunrise Hospital project consisted of several separate installations, including:
- Sunrise Hospital Tower 4 Expansion
- Sunrise 5th Floor PICU ICU doors
- Sunrise Cosmetics Upgrade
- Sunrise Towers 2 & 3 Re-Clad
- Sunrise Central Plant Renovations
- Pediatric ICU Renovation
This extensive undertaking required our team to work on four different contracts in five different locations on the job site.
The glazing strategy for Sunrise Hospital required a great deal of collaboration, as it was the first composite panel project fabricated at our San Bernardino facility. Giroux Glass CAD technician Humberto Martinez first drafted the 22000 square foot ACM panel scope in Los Angeles, then sent it to Mark Barragan’s team in San Bernardino for fabrication, who prepared the pieces for installation in Nevada.
Ultimately, this first project allowed us to build a strong foundational process for future fabrication opportunities.
- Architect: Hugh E. Taylor
- General Contractor: Layton Construction
- 3 Form, Llc - Lv
- A & N Custom Fabrication - Lv
- Ahern Rentals - Lv
- Airgas Usa - Lv
- Androp Packaging, Inc.
- Arcadia - Lv
- Arconic Arch Products Llc /
- Assa Abloy Entrance Systems-Lv
- C.R. Laurence - Lv
- Cintas - Lv
- Commercial Scaffolding Of Nv
- Construction Specialties-Lv
- Dunn-Edwards Corp - Lv
- Fastenal - Lv
- Fasteners Inc - Lv
- Glasswerks - Lv
- Hilti Inc - Lv
- Jones Lumber Co Inc
- Kawneer Co.Inc - Lv (No Tax)
- Klingspor Abrasives Inc - Lv
- Lamatek Inc. - Lv
- Mcfadden-Dale Hardware - Lv
- Mcmaster-Carr - Lv
- Pk Delp Structu Enginering Llc
- Praxair Distribution - Lv
- Ray-Bar Engineering Corp (Cod)
- Reginal Equipment Services-Lv
- Rgs Reprographic Sol. - Lv
- Smalley&Company - Lv
- Southern Aluminum Finishing-Lv
- Spangler Design - Lv
- Technical Glass Prod-Notax-Lv
- Titan Metals Inc. - Lv
- Trulite Glass & Aluminum- Lv
- Uline - Lv
- Unicel Architectural Corp