The Service Division
The original division of Giroux Glass, the Service Division has been in operation since Louis Giroux first opened his doors in Los Angeles in 1946. Since then, Giroux Glass has evolved to providing service to structures that range from street-level storefronts to the tallest high-rise buildings (now at 73-floors). The Service team includes union-qualified glaziers and provides high-quality repairs and replacements to glass, mirrors, aluminum, doors, skylights, and storefronts, from small windows to extra-large glass walls.
A 24-hour emergency board-up service (213-268-4691) is available to both high-rise and single-story buildings throughout Southern California, promising a speedy response time.
We can handle the most sophisticated glass repair. Contact us to find out how we can help you.
Our Service Division installed 38 high-performance glass lites 42-storeys up on this DTLA building, to allow for carefully positioned, protruding anchor points (shown right) on which hang two large AECOM signs on the North and East elevations.
We specialize in:
- Glass replacement and repair: windows, walls and doors in storefronts, high-rise and residential buildings
- Tenant Improvements: sound reduction; partitions; doors; panel systems; historical buildings; energy efficiency improvements; handrails; canopies; table tops; designer glass/metals, x-ray glass; extra-large glass
- Mirrors: entry-way; multi-level atrium; antique; multi-colored; beveled; one-way; customized walls
- Security: anti-graffiti film; security film; safety glass; bullet-resistance; blast resistance; fire protection; panic hardware; customized products
- Doors: repairs; replacements; adjustments; electric; shower and tub enclosures; ADA-compliant; Herculite; hardware parts replacement; balanced and revolving doors
- Water Intrusion: inspections for storefront, skylight and curtain-walls; expert recommendations for wet seal procedures
- Matching: replace and repair high-performance glass and glass substrates with unique reflective coatings, or back and face vinyl; customized alternative solutions to match original sources that may be manufactured only once each year
- Consulting: custom work and tenant improvements, working with designers and architect installations; maintenance contracts; facilities managers
Repair of Umami Burger Storefront
Located in the trendy shopping area of West Los Angeles known as “The Grove,” the storefront of the Umami Burger restaurant required replacement. The challenge was the sheer size and weight of the 1/2″ thick, single pane of glass. Weighing in at 1,255 lbs., the glass measured 12’ high and 16’ wide, and required the use of a special forklift and painstakingly precise placement and positioning.
Giroux handled all aspects of the project, from boarding the original storefront, to pulling the City permits required to block all traffic from the street and sidewalks, through completion of the storefront and framing installation process.
“We’d like to express our appreciation to (Foreman) Mike Duren for his performance in the field while working on the Antelope Valley Cancer and Resource Center project. During this project, Mike displayed the highest level of proficiency and dedication while always keeping a cooperative “can do” attitude. Giroux is fortunate to have such an individual contribute to its company’s success.
We would like to also thank (Project Manager) Bruce Johnson and (Estimator) John Smith for their tireless efforts and contributions to the successful completion of this project.”
G.L. Bruno Associates, Inc.
“Recently a very high-end customer needed repair done on a Kawneer Terrace Door and had been waiting months for a resolution. . . I immediately thought of Giroux Glass because of the outstanding attention, service and quality I know you provide your customers. I gave them your name as the company who could get this done.
I was told they are extremely happy with what you have done. . . not only with the door , but other issues on the property as well.
I never hesitate to recommend Giroux for everything related to glass and glazing. My sincerest thanks for providing the excellent service I have come to know and expect.”
Architectural Sales Representative
Kawneer Company, Inc.
“We had glass, swinging, double doors that were the entry to a wine cellar. From the time they were installed, they’ve never worked correctly.
The team from Giroux re-set and adjusted the hinges, and adjusted the lock. The door works perfectly now.I just wanted to give you the heads-up that your crew has just left the house and did a fantastic job.
Thank you, and I am looking forward to working with you in the future!”
SML Design Studio
Pacific Palisades, CA