Estimator (Los Angeles, CA)
Based in: Los Angeles, CA
Reports to: Vice President of California Operations
Type of Position: Full-time
Relocation: Assistance may possibly be provided
We are in search of an experienced Sales Estimator, to prepare bid proposals for private and public projects, and to collaborate with other estimators. The candidate must be a US citizen or authorized to work in the US.
The job will require all stages of bidding on projects, including but not limited to: determining Union requirements; determining bid schedules; reviewing job specifications; visiting job sites; attending pre-construction meetings; reviewing contracts; maintaining bid process schedules and communicating bid status; choosing best options for systems/materials; soliciting and reviewing vendor and subcontractor quotes; performing labor reviews; maintaining bid spreadsheets; and negotiating work with various clients.
If you possess the qualifications required, and our company core values match those you seek in a potential employer, we would like to hear from you. Our team is dedicated to achieving success. We embrace both exceptional individual efforts and collaborative teamwork.
- A minimum of ten (10) years experience of estimating within the glazing industry, on various sized projects
- High School Diploma and some college (certification or Associates degree), in Construction or Architectural Technology course work
- Knowledge of materials, machines, tools and equipment used in the industry
- Ability to read blueprints as well as architectural and structural drawings
- Ability to do accurate take-offs; familiarity with on-screen take-offs
- Working knowledge of Windows Operating System, Microsoft Word, Excel and Microsoft Project
- Understanding of manufacturers’ installation instructions
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong conflict-resolution skills
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- High level of attention to detail and self-motivation
- A competitive salary, commensurate with experience
- A generous benefits package
- An Employee Stock Ownership Plan
- An ownership-oriented corporate climate that values and respects all partners
Please send your resumé and a cover letter to [email protected]s.com.
Glass Contractors Licenses
- CA 630124
- NV 0044805
- AZ 141159
- NM 370792