Service – Estimator/Project Manager (Los Angeles, CA)
Based in: Los Angeles, CA
Type of Position: Full-time/ Exempt
Relocation: Assistance available
We are looking for an experienced Estimator/Project Manager to join our service department team. The job will require all stages of service estimating and managing the project, including but not limited to: determining Union requirements, reviewing job specifications, reviewing contracts, preparing the project, maintaining the schedule and submittals, communicating with clients, ordering materials, managing change orders, quality control, and overseeing the close-out process. The candidate must be a US citizen or authorized to work in the US.
If you possess the qualifications required, and our company core values match those you seek in a potential employer, we would like to hear from you. Our team is dedicated to achieving success. We embrace both exceptional individual efforts and collaborative team work.
- Experience reading and understanding take-offs from field technicians
- Experience reading plans, bid documents and shop drawings
- Ability to estimate labor under pressure for emergencies and quick deadlines
- Excellent customer service skills. Listening and problem-solving skills are critical
- Excellent communication and negotiating skills on the phone and in person
- Ability to cost estimate/calculate and create proposals in a timely manner
- Minimum of 5 years experience in the glazing industry
- Minimum of 2 years experience in the shop or field
- Minimum High School Diploma and one year College or equivalent
- Working knowledge in Microsoft Work/Excel and PDF and Outlook
You Must Be:
- Honest, independent and dependable
- Detail oriented and able to follow specific instructions
- Able to work with others and have a positive and professional attitude
- Willingness to learn new hardware and glass technology etc.
- Dedicated and willing to work flexible hours when needed
- Problem solver and critical thinker
- Eager and ambitious and open to constructive criticism
- A Competitive salary, commensurate with experience
- A generous benefits package
- An Employee Stock Ownership Plan
- An ownership-oriented corporate climate that values and respects all partners
Please send your completed application, resumé and a cover letter to [email protected].